Magnate

Member Since Oct 2018
7 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 02, 2019 at 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaVicar? View Post
I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. No one is hacking into their T's text history... just some people who communicate with their T's via whatsapp can see when their T was last online, that's all. And I think you can turn this function off on whatsapp anyway.

Look, this is the romantic sub forum, so it kind of goes without saying that people posting in the subforum may be a little fixated or obsessive about their therapists. As long as people are bringing it up in session, what's the harm?! This is why most of us are in therapy in the first place., you know... unhealthy attachment styles etc!

This particular thread was set up by someone who wanted to vent and express her feelings... she didn't ask for a moral critique.
I didn't say they were hacking. I was addressing their need to repeatedly check on their T's doings online (which they stated is a problem for them). I also wasn't critiquing (as I very pointedly stated); I was suggesting a perspective that might be of assistance is reframing thinking so that this repeated checking (which they had stated is uncomfortable for themselves also) might be decreased and perhaps ease up that internal tension somewhat.
ArtleyWilkins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote