View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Dec 02, 2019 at 07:34 PM

Hello Chap: I see this is your first post here on PC. So... welcome to Psych Central. One additional forum, here on PC, that may be of interest to you would be the Partners of People & Caregivers forum. Here's a link:

https://psychcentralforums.com/partn...ivers-support/

I'm sorry you are confronted with this most difficult situation. My thinking is that the problem you're dealing with may be one that will require the expertise of a child psychologist. Hopefully you will receive some useful suggestions from members here on PC. However most of us are consumers of mental health services, not mental health professionals. And we are not able to offer professional mental health advice. My sense of the situation you describe is that professional intervention is what may be needed. You not only have to think about what you can do to deal with the situation as it stands now; but you also have to think about what your child's current condition presages for her future.

There is a mental health condition that is referred to as Separation Anxiety Disorder. Perhaps you're familiar with it? (From my lay-person's perspective, it sounds as though this may be the type of thing you're dealing with.) Here are links to 3 articles, from Psych Central's archives, on the subject:

Separation Anxiety Disorder Symptoms

Frequently Asked Questions about Separation Anxiety Disorder

Treatment of Separation Anxiety Disorder

I hope you find PC to be of benefit.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote