View Single Post
LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 02, 2019 at 07:36 PM

I thought I had updated this here, but apparently not. I actually ended up going back for another session with Dr. T about 2 weeks after I'd terminated. We talked things through, and I decided to come back. I've now been back for, I guess, 2.5 months, twice a week, and it has been very different with him, in a good way. It feels like we both examined how we were acting (I admit some fault, too) and are now more respectful and understanding of each other. I really have to wonder if Dr. T either got some consultation after I left or just did a lot of thinking or research or something. Because how he approaches me now seems different. I think I've shifted in how I approach him as well. And I feel like there's been a lot of progress in the time since I've been back. Like I've delved into some really difficult issues (like from my past and present), and there have been lots of helpful insights on both of our parts. We have spent some time discussing what happened between us over the summer, but maybe just the first two sessions back, then it will occasionally come up briefly. So the therapeutic relationship is less of a main topic and more in the background. But the times it has come up, it's been OK, and T has seemed much more at ease about it. There just seems to be a level of comfort between us that wasn't there before.

I think I typed up my session when I went back to talk things through--will see if I can dig that up and post it.
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
goatee, SlumberKitty, SoAn

Thanks for this!
goatee, here today, Polibeth