catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 03, 2019 at 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcyclist View Post
I have been on and off it since 2005. It does bring me down from mania fairly quickly and much better than some others (eg, Risperdal). As BD points out, akathesia is a risk and I certainly had that, including actually just the night before last. My big problem with Zyprexa is that I want to eat everything on the planet and then eat the planet, itself. I mean, my hunger is insatiable. It is crazy. When I used to run marathons on Zyprexa, I would have these vivid daydreams of eating an entire lemon cake, or something. It was wacky. I can honestly say I have never been so hungry in my entire life.

I use it now just as an emergency sleep measure (10 mg), for which it is hit and miss with me. All in all, I would for me put it ahead of most atypicals, with the main exception being Abilify. It has been the best one for me overall.
It's actually far from funny, but I will say that I got a kick out of your explanation of the hunger many of us get from the aytipicals. The hunger reminds me of how I felt during pregnancies...there is no end to it. Eat a meal and all I could think about was the next meal. And dreaming about food! What is the deal with that! I'm not a foodie, but the atypicals have made me one.

Now that I am prediabetic from Seroquel I'm on Metformin which, thank the universe, curbs my appetite in the sense that I feel full much faster.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote