View Single Post
Kathleen83

Member Since Nov 2011
96 hugs
given
Default Dec 03, 2019 at 08:04 PM

Hi Gweenbean, and welcome to the forums. Skeezyks' message is incredibly powerful and true, and I hope that those links help you some. Over the years, I've been diagnosed with so many different things, I can sometimes only laugh. Recently I was given yet another new diagnosis,....and shortly after starting a treatment program for that, my therapist added still yet another new diagnosis (and different treatment protocol) to my list. I tell you that, in the hopes that it will make sense to you when I say, I no longer care what I'm diagnosed with. As Skeezyks said, we can't tell you what you may or may not have. In my opinion, that's even a challenge for actual mental health care providers. What does matter is, is what you are dealing with causing you a problem? Since you said you're starting therapy, I'd say you've answered that one all ready. Next question for you to ask yourself is, after talking to your therapist, do they seem to understand where you're coming from, and does what they say to you make sense? Then next question - and keep in mind, diagnosis not important for this one - does what they propose, seem like something reasonable to try, to get stronger, healthier, happier? I guess what I'm trying to say is, a diagnosis is only a starting point, to help guide you and your therapist, sometimes, as to what to try, to help you. And a good therapist will work with you to determine if perhaps a different therapy, or different diagnosis, might be more appropriate. Especially when it's possible to have more than one issue. Good luck with your therapy; I hope it helps. If it doesn't....keep trying. More time, different therapists....what ever it takes.

Dissociation

Kathleen83 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote