Grand Magnate

Member Since Jul 2014
2,611 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 04, 2019 at 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Christina View Post
Personally I do not want visitors while I’m IP. I am there because it’s not safe for me to be home. It’s total “ me time” since we don’t get a cell signal at home one of the techs usually let me use there cell to text my husband letting him know I’m ok.

Try not to “ actively think about “ getting out” I have been IP from 3 days to 17 days. The first few times I kept thinking oh I’ll be out in 3-4 days which I’d push for but in reality I wasnt ready and I left and was right back in a mess with in days and right back to being unsafe.

So now if I go I leave it up to them to decide when I’m okay to leave.

I never got blurry vision from Haldol but I do from Thorazine. Proves how meds all effect is differently.

Hopefully tonight you will finally get some very deep sleep
Thanks Christina. I do have a tendency to get cabin fever, and convince my pdoc I’m safe to go home when I’m not. I’ve been IP way too many times so I hate being here, and want to be home. The longest I’ve been IP was two months. Even my pdoc’s (not including current one) has no idea how to help. I was also homeless and living on couches with my then hubby. I think over the last 10 years I have spent a total round one year IP. This is not my happy place. It is my safe place. Well, when I’m not paranoid.

"Phew! For a minute there I lost myself."

'Karma Police' by Radiohead
Wander is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote