catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 04, 2019 at 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I totally get the security thing but she and 1 other girl were letting the seniors who park in the student lot in which is apparently supposed to be open. Yes this will not be on her permanent record but she brought up a good point...they were never told not to let the seniors in if the door was locked so she didnt think she was doing anything wrong. She responds very strongly to being talked to seriously by anyone in authority and I think in this circumstance that would have sufficed. Normally detention is given during study hall and lunch but she doubled up on classes so it will just be her after school until 4 on thursday. She usually gets her homework done in class so I told her to hold off until detention. I kept my cool with the VP no sense in making trouble or acting like my kid is perfect. Her other point was in her words: "Mom, people Juul in the bathrooms and sell weed and adderall out of their lockers. I am getting detention for letting the seniors from the senior lot into the building?" She has a point. But its a lesson, I told her to let it go and I know she will never do it again. I explained to her that the world is full of gatekeepers and the VP is one that stands in the way of her having a successful HS years and that this was not one of those times to go all mama bear on her.

It's my opinion that you handled the situation better than the school did.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
sarahsweets