View Single Post
Mendingmysoul
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2019
807 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 04, 2019 at 12:16 PM

There was no fighting between us siblings,my dad never yelled and oh if his glances could kill,I would be long dead.No drinking or substance abuse situations.No domestic abuse or violence between parents.Family devoutly religious. No cussing allowed.We were asked to pray a lot.You may ask now,so what is wrong?? The most insidious abuse happened to me inside that house.My mom was the abuser.Narcissistic mostly.Everybody played a role,what ever worked for survival.My dad codependent and pretended everything was alright.Me a scapegoat, one golden child sibling,who helped my mom to perpetuate more abuse by telling lies.Another sibling siding with golden child in her lies,so that she could save herself from narcissistic wrath.Some knew but never bothered to do something,because my parents would do favours for them.Yes ,my mom starved me but would provide meals for even strangers.For outside people it is a good functional family.There is so much peace and quiet. In my opinion it is anything but functional. I was quiet and introverted ,walked on eggshells, avoided my parents and siblings.My siblings watched me like a hawk to tell on me,so that my mom is pleased with them and had a reason to crack my skull or beat me black and blue until she got tired.My dad is very quiet ,just staring at me with his big eyes with all the hate and resentment. He never gave a ***k about what some of his friends did to me.Ya, of course there was no yelling,fighting or cussing.It was quiet and peaceful.I am sorry for my rant.
Mendingmysoul is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, annoyedgrunt84

Thanks for this!
annoyedgrunt84