Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2019
4,300 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 04, 2019 at 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wander View Post
Yes. When I am really struggling and curled up in a call I tell myself, 'You are safe now', 'you are loved', and, 'hang in there. This will pass.'. It does help a bit. My focus now is on rescuing myself instead of desperately wanting someone else to rescue me. I haven't tried it in front of a mirror. I will give that a go today. Thanks.
It feels a little silly sometimes, but it helps me connect to the replacement thoughts more when I can look myself in the eye.

You're a pro at all of this Wander. You have all the skills you need. This is a rough patch that sucks tremendously, but it will pass. You keep making great decisions for yourself. Trust in that. Deep down you know what is right. Your mind may be sideways, but your heart points true north!

I know you've been connecting with the nurses. Are there any patients you feel like it would be worthwhile to talk to? I really appreciated the insight several of the ladies had to offer while I was in IP. Some patients triggered me, so it was a slippery slope, but there were some true gems there.
fern46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi

Thanks for this!
Wander