Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2019
4,300 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 04, 2019 at 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wander View Post
Thanks for the encouragement. I think I would feel very uncomfortable looking at myself in a mirror saying affirmations. I will try it though. I haven't interacted with any other patients so far. I am paranoid so hide in my room a lot. I do see people in relaxation classes but don't get a chance to meet anyone. To be honest I am no up to making friends, or even casual chit chat. I am scared of everyone. Logically, I know I am safe, and most of the other patients are lovely, but I mostly just want to be left alone except for nurses and pdoc. I used to meet people here but I wasn't paranoid then. Also I am just not feeling social. Excuses, excuses I know. Unfortunately my logical brain isn't in control a lot of the time.
It is uncomfortable. I think that's maybe part of the power in it. It also feels silly, so don't be afraid to laugh at yourself if you give it a go.

I don't hear excuses. It sounds like you're in touch with where you're at. If you feel like connecting with people outside of the staff would hinder your situation you should go with that. Maybe you'll feel differently as time goes on, but for now it sounds like you're taking healthy baby steps of trusting in the nurses enough to connect with them for a bit.
fern46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi

Thanks for this!
Wander