View Single Post
Anonymous32451

Default Dec 05, 2019 at 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briiea View Post
Have always wondered if anyone else goes through this like me, it’s like i have phases and i kind of try to tell myself they’re my ‘coping mechanisms’ to when I’m bored or am trying to motivate myself to get better or ‘enjoy’ life.
It ranges from anything like spending 2 months straight attempting a vegan life style which quickly went down the drain, after that it was art and art and art. I started a bullet journal (that didn’t make it past the 5th page) I bought paints, all paint material, canvases, tools, brushes all that and now they’ve been sitting in my cupboard for months unused. Then I tried learning Japanese, looked up everything to do with Japan, spent hours just focusing on everything i could japanese. After a few weeks I lost interest. Then it was binge watching a show, like The Last Airbender. Learning everything I can about the show, studying it and then i’ll get bored and forget it ever happened.
My current thing at the moment is studying the wicca religion/lifestyle. I’ve bought crystals, books, joined groups about it and constantly just tried to learn about everything spiritual, mindfulness, meditation etc.
Is this part of trying to find a identity/fitting in, because it’s like I get so excited, so happy and finally feel like I’ve found my calling in ‘life’ and then the next day I can just lose all interest. This has all just been in the last year, I was also at one point excited about doing a Cert 3 in Childcare, I ended up quitting half way through the year because my depression got way too bad I couldn’t cope with anything.
I feel so hopeless, i can’t stick to one thing, my motivation comes and goes and it’s always something different.

I did this with reading.

out of nowhere, I developed a sudden interest in books, joined the library, got new books out each week, got the catilogue of new releases (I was really obsessed with it)

and now just like that: I don't care

and I never understood why.

I even hid my library card and never even open the catilogues

I must admit it's raaised a few eyebrows- especially of people who knew I was obsessed with it
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
briiea