Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 05, 2019 at 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantPeaceofMind View Post
I known I overthink things most likely do to my anxiety. The question is does anyone else overthink about their mental illnesses? What I mean by this is I think things like this is so severe for me. Like really severe than what others may experience. Example years ago I think I was dealing severe anxiety, really thinking it was so severe that I asked my dad to take me to a mental hospital only to be told that it wasnt that severe and of course nothing was done about it. It always got worse during a mental break or very severe stess and anxiety. It is now worse than it has ever been, keeping me severely anxious and depressed. To where I have no way of getting better. I certainly hope someone thinks like this so I am not alone about this.
for me I have found healing comes in phases...

1 diagnosing (finding out there is a problem)
2 focusing on the problems
3 moving on past the problems to where the problems no longer take up and cause problems in my life.

my suggestion is talk with your treatment providers, they will explain what the process for you is and how/ whether you will be able to get to the point where you no longer focus on your mental problems
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
*Beth*