View Single Post
zoiecat
Grand Member

Member Since Apr 2017
409 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 06, 2019 at 09:03 AM

Coming from an only child whose parents cause them to become sui within minutes I actually appreciate what your therapist said. You didn't Define what's some of the references in the emails were regarding previous conversations but I can only assume it was regarding your parents causing you mental anguish. I too suffer from the decision making of either dealing with my pain or dealing with the Fallout I've not visiting my parents. I know it is hard to deal with their feelings rather than putting yourself first. I believe your therapist was trying to support you and give you other options letting you know that it's okay and maybe in your best interest not to visit and or stay with your parents. Ultimately the decision is yours and you will have to deal with the consequences either way. It sounds like you're definitely going and probably definitely staying with your parents I wish you the best with that decision. I don't think your therapist mint anything bad by what they said I actually think they provided good options even if those options are not what you wanted to hear at this point.

I think you also have to look at the full context of what you're sending your therapist. You started with an email telling them that you want to go to the hospital. What is it you're wanting from him at this point? How do you want him to respond? If you're to the point where you want to go to the hospital now how are you going to feel once you're at your parents will that become better or worse? Or was your therapist correct in the first place by concluding that you mentioning the hospital was a subconscious way of trying to get out of the trip?
zoiecat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Anonymous45127, ArtleyWilkins, chihirochild, Middlemarcher, Out There, unaluna