View Single Post
Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 06, 2019 at 04:34 PM

Ugh, I would have moved out way sooner than this person in the story did.

I can relate to developing certain triggers when dealing with a person that acts out in frightening ways. My sister has raged at me several times and there is definitely something wrong with her. Her behaviors have affected me deeply and certain outbursts thrown at me can definitely trigger me. Unfortunately, I had to once again experience her behaving very toxic towards me when I went to visit my parent's home to grieve and find the items I had asked for. Both my parents passed earlier this year and my sister's behaviors were so toxic that trying to just try to have time to say goodbye to both my parents when they were dying was met with her toxic invasions making an already very difficult situation so much worse.

Having to interact with someone who can be unpredictible and in some way mentally ill can most definitely be very unsettling. In all honesty, my sister's often toxic behaviors have traumatized me. I have tried to explain it to others, but I think it's something a person needs to witness in order to understand how triggering/unsettling/upsetting my sister can be. I have noticed people try to avoid her to be honest.

Did you get the stopper for your door?

Hugs from:
Anonymous48672