Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 06, 2019 at 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevvy View Post
Wellll, had my first session...

1.5 hours, no safe space and no time to relax afterwards. I think it's doing something, but I am not sure I can do this every week.

My day off is Wednesday, and that's the only time I can plan it, so I really need to see if I can make this work...it's intense. Nice midweek event, right?

I really need to be careful because I feel like this will have an effect on my stability, which is sort of crumbling at the moment anyway...

I have the images stuck in my head now, hoping I can get them out soon, not fun.

Note: to the mod that moved this, it was directed towards those with BP receiving the treatment, not sure this is now the ideal spot...

Hi, I had EMDR years and years ago from a psychologist who had been in the original group of therapists trained by Francine Shapiro (the woman who invented EMDR). Honestly, I wasn't that impressed with the technique. I would rather dialogue with someone; EMDR felt mechanical to me. In addition, it brought up a collage of "stuff", but any time I move my eyes back and forth I get sleepy. So during EMDR I'd get so sleepy I wouldn't even be able to process the memories.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous48672