View Single Post
fern46
Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2019
4,300 hugs
given
Default Dec 07, 2019 at 07:38 AM

I had a really busy week and I'm dragging a bit. Today will be busy as well. We've had doctor's appointments, vet appointments, taking care of a recovering dog, Christmasing, and the general nuttiness that comes with having kids going on. I've tried to keep up with my exercise and eating well and did a good job most days.

I posted an update a while back that the psychiatrist Dr. Marks mentioned the Mediterranean diet has been shown to be effective towards battling depression and that she was implementing it in her own life. She posted an update yesterday. She believes she has finally gotten over her sugar addiction. That's quite a feat. Also, in just a little over 90 days she has lost 20 lbs. Even more interesting she is reporting her cholesterol has dropped below 200 for the first time ever. Apparently she has struggled all her life with it. I thought this was a great update.

Edited to add... Here's a link to her website. There is a download on this page for the particular version of the diet she is following. I just reviewed it and it seems pretty doable. I'm considering it. I found this breakdown with the suggested number of servings and serving sizes helpful. Enjoy!
http://markspsychiatry.com/the-depression-diet

Last edited by fern46; Dec 07, 2019 at 08:07 AM..
fern46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341

Thanks for this!
~Christina