View Single Post
Serpentine Leaf

Member Since Dec 2019
687 hugs
given
Default Dec 07, 2019 at 05:37 PM

Thank all of you for this incredible thread. I never thought of calling it an inner snake before, but that's so apt. Real snakes get such bad press, but they're beautiful if they're respected in the right way, and they're essential parts of the ecosystems in which they exist. Our inner snakes have a purpose too, which I agree is to protect us. They just don't always know how to do so. They, like other aspects of us, can have missed out on learning essential skills, or worse, have learned lessons that aren't based in reality. They, like any other aspect of us, will lash out when they're afraid and in pain. The closest thing to them is our self-esteem, so that's what they strike. Our pain is what gives them their venom.

I also agree that giving them love can make them settle down. But Snakey keeps telling us that we don't deserve it because it thinks it doesn't deserve it, so it rejects the love. Maybe we can try telling it that love is a gift bestowed upon the deserving and undeserving alike, just like God's love? And maybe a little catharsis now and then, so Snakey can release the venom on a target that isn't us? These are things I will certainly try.

Thank you for this post! I was late coming to it, but I only joined PC a short time ago.

Serpentine Leaf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, Thirty shades

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear, Thirty shades