View Single Post
Xynesthesia2
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2019
55 hugs
given
Default Dec 08, 2019 at 09:01 AM

I wanted the same from my Ts, zoiecat... but no success unfortunately I really think it takes certain personality traits/preferences in a T to work in that way, to be no-nonsense, direct and efficient with cutting to the core of things. I wanted that in Ts because I am a lot like that myself and what I prefer from most other people. I requested this from the Ts but the most it achieved: T1 had very erroneous perceptions and when I asked for challenge, I received a *** load of his projections instead, and T2 became more direct but still overly cautious and slow for my taste. What I would personally do now is to screen Ts right from the beginning, keeping this as a goal. I think that is possible because that sort of directness is usually associated with other personality and communication features that are not that hard to pick up. Maybe with the T you have been working with for a while I would try to always ask for their opinion and suggestion in a straightforward manner and would not let them sneak out and deflect. I would perhaps even say if they were not willing to be more direct with me and give useful feedback, I would stop going because I am not paying someone for pleasant conversation and validation, can get that from many others for free. One can be clear and to the point and still respectful. The thing though still is that the Ts thinking and advice should be quite compatible with yours otherwise it might just become even more frustrating being misunderstood and misinterpreted.
Xynesthesia2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Anonymous45127, LonesomeTonight, zoiecat