Community Liaison

Member Since Jun 2016
70.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Dec 08, 2019 at 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdDancer View Post
It makes me sad that you, Christina, and some others here, suffer so much from pain, and often insomnia that comes with it. Nerve pain sounds so horrible! I guess at least muscle pains can be a little easier to temporarily relieve with massage, and such.

I'm very much hoping that some better treatments are created, for pain, in the future. Definitely ones that do more good than harm (by harm I'm referring to opiods, and such).
I appreciate your being Present and sensitive to the pain people endure. We all endure pain in one form or another. I often think emotional pain is even more painful that physical pain; The whole topic of pain fascinates me on some level. I think there is a great deal we do not understand about pain of all types.

I do feel helpful treatments are likely quite a ways off. it's possible to have a good life, even with chronic pain. The goal, with chronic pain, is to acknowledge the pain and continue to observe it, and to not allow it the power to cause great suffering, if at all possible. Anyone who knows me will tell you I laugh a lot!

I have had to resort to using opioids over the past 20 years. I take them daily,. I have been very grateful for them. They don' t treat pain the way they used to!! I refuse to increase those meds at this point. I have been hoping some other approaches will help out. I am still waiting,,,,

I sincerely appreciate my friends here,, Your love and support is the best medicine!!!

Hugs from:
bizi

Thanks for this!
bizi, ~Christina