catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 09, 2019 at 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Christina View Post
Sometimes cortisone shots can really help and other times it can cause more problems.

Yes, that's what the podiatrist told me.

Your PT should be able to tell you what the goal is and kind of a timeline of steps.

Exactly. She has never given me any indication of a treatment plan, a timeline...nothing. I didn't know that she should have done so until a few days ago, from an article I read about PT.

As for having to change what shoes we can wear and what we can’t .. it just is what it is.

Ha, it's a good thing for me - cheap shoes from Target feel great!

Are you doing exercises numerous times a day between going to Physical therapy appts??

That is another bit of info I found out about from the article I read. So a PT is supposed to give the patient exercises to do at home...mine hasn't given me any exercises, or asked anything about me doing exercises at home. I found my own on YouTube, which I do.

If I don’t do mine for my neck at least twice a day my pain from spinal stenosis just gets worse.

Yes! Stretching and strengthening is so important.

When my car is (hopefully) repaired I'm going to go over there and ask the PT about home exercises and a clear treatment plan. It feels futile to me, to just go week after week, not knowing what to expect.

Thanks so much, Christina. Your support and info is truly helpful.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
~Christina