View Single Post
KD1980

Member Since Nov 2018
1,334 hugs
given
Default Dec 09, 2019 at 02:58 PM

Before my health worsened, I was a makeup artist. One day, I was doing a model's makeup in a public but quiet and low-traffic area (she wanted to do it near the highway so she could drive to the shoot location immediately after). An older blond woman came up and began looking curiously at what I was doing. At first, I thought she was surprised to see someone doing makeup in public, but she explained that she used to be a makeup artist as well. I gave her a business card. I didn't expect to hear from her at any point.

I was surprised when she called me two months later. She told me she needed help getting a job. I didn't get a bad vibe from her, so I visited her at her apartment. I helped her create a new resume and we talked. She told me she was originally from Lebanon, and she had a daughter and 3 grandchildren. She was estranged from her family. It's no wonder she asked a stranger for help. it seems like she was all alone. I heard from her just once more after that day. Then my phone broke and I lost her number. I hope she's doing fine now.
KD1980 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
lizardlady