View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Dec 10, 2019 at 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvyrself View Post
I’m sure there are entire books about transference. I guess the main point would be whether it gets in the way of your wellness. Of course the most obvious way to avoid an obsessive transference would be to get a female doctor. Your husband will be able to spend more time w you in retirement, so perhaps you won’t need the extent of nurturing your present pdoc provides. Just a thought.
@luvyrself, I think my next psychiatrist should be a female, if possible. We'll see. I'm not quite ready to make a drastic switch, but I am trying to see him less often. When he was scheduling future appointments, he offered one that was two weeks after my next one. I told him that 3 weeks after was fine. Perhaps I'll try to go 4 weeks in the future.

I'm afraid that the only US states that I'd consider, besides my own, are states that would likely not offer any easier situation than my current state.It's true that a foreign land is a big culture change, but some US states are a real culture change, as well.

France has excellent healthcare. We're not considering third world countries. Another advantage of France compared to other European countries is that my husband and I speak a good amount of French already. We would still need to do some intensive study, but we'd be OK even without a lot extra. My Czech husband does not wish to return to Czech Republic. Though he is fluent in Czech, I know very little. Czech is a much more difficult language to learn than French.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote