View Single Post
SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 10, 2019 at 12:37 PM

I am tired today. I only slept about 3.5 hours last night. I was worried and upset about a coworker of mine, because she is upset (not with me) and she didn't feel like she had a manager to go to with her work issue. We are used to a vertical organization but now that we are bought out the organizational structure is more of a matrix and no one knows who they report to. I texted with her a bit after work. Then around 9 PM something I Skyped the owner (who lives in NY) so it was like midnight there. Of course she was probably sleeping but that's okay. So then at 2 AM my time she is Skyping me, so I start to Skype back. She is like Kit, you need to be sleeping!!!! I'm like, I know but I'm upset and worried and I can't sleep when I am upset and worried. She was like, "try!" So at 3:30 AM my time I was like, "Well, I'm not sleeping so Good morning!" So we skyped a little more. Then I came into work early today and I talked a little to the employee who doesn't want to tell me what is going on, which is totally okay but I heard some stuff through a third party about what had happened. So I offered to let her use my office if she wanted to talk or Skype the owner, and I offered her the owner's cell phone number if she wanted to talk to her not at her work station but in a private location. I hope it helped. But *I* need to learn to not let other people's stuff affect me. Particularly when it has nothing to do with me, and I can't do anything about it. I mean, I did what I could by providing her an alternative person to talk to, but I need to stop losing sleep over stuff like this. It affects me. And it's probably not great for my depression!

Hugs from:
ElectricManatee, LonesomeTonight, Polibeth, precaryous, StressedMess