Magnate

Member Since Jul 2014
183 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 10, 2019 at 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney2019 View Post
I have been spending a lot of time with this guy including him including me at his family house for the holiday. Problem is sometimes I feel he’s into me and other times it feels like he doesn’t want to be bothered by me which isn’t a good sign. He will reject my calls and ignore my texts and he rationalizes it by saying he runs hot and cold (like that’s normal?) he has also given every excuse in the book to not want a relationship right now because he’s “focusing on himself” I have known him for over a year and he has been saying all the same things. We were in a relationship for less than 6 months. It didn’t work out because he just wasn’t invested in me or the relationship but his friends, work, everything else and felt “pressured” when I mentioned us going out instead of just hanging at his house. Yes red flags are going off everywhere. We reconnected a few months later and lately we just started spending more time together but once the weather gets warm I feel he is not going to make time for me again..I don’t feel he respects me at all. He talks to me when it’s convenient and the rest of the time he will reject calls, ignore texts and this is ok because I accept this disrespect from him. I have been second guessing myself and just allowing him to treat me this way so why would he treat me differently if I’m showing him I’m ok with this behavior? 😑 As much as it hurts, I know it won’t get better and investing time with him is just a waste. He has shown me so many ways he doesn’t care-but he will do something after the behavior (being attentive) to make me take the blame. On top of everything else, he drinks heavily and smokes weed on a daily basis..I would have ran from a guy like this before, but he knows just what to say and how to act to keep me “hooked” so he knows I’m not going anywhere! I don’t want to hurt myself anymore than I already have so this can’t go on.

Simply put, without placing any kind of judgment on the guy and whether his behavior is bad or good, you're mentioning all sorts of reasons that this is not the guy for you. Interestingly enough, if you re-read your post you'll find that 90% of your descriptions of him are cons or negatives about him with the blip here and there about how he does something that you like. That to me says that it's not worth fussing over and it's time to move on.
s4ndm4n2006 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky