View Single Post
MrsA

Member Since Apr 2019
398 hugs
given
Default Dec 10, 2019 at 10:18 PM

I didn't have spcial media anxiety until a family member attacked me about things I posted and called me names for posting in ways they didn't like. Now I hardly ever go on facebook and I hide my posts from this person.

A lot pf online articles says it's not a big deal to not use spcial media and that people are happier when they quit. But I agree with you that not using social media makes me feel a bit left out. It seems that a lot of "friends" forgot me when I stopped posting and liking their posts. I supppse such people aren't really worth keeping in your life.

If you are nervous about posting personal things, try posting something casual like photos you took on a walk or of something interesting with a short caption about what you think of it. It could be as simple as "Wow!" or "Yay!"

I think facebook is best used as a sort of small talk, showing off your crafts or achievements, and its better if you don't over share private details or try to persuade others to political views. You might try keep it short and polite and say the kind of things you would say in a social setting with people you just met. You could comment on the weather or temperature and people in other places will enjoy joining in to tell you how their climate differs from yours, etc. By sticking to casual small talk, you won't accidentally post something you might regret or offend anyone.
MrsA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
guy1111