View Single Post
Bat_Orchid90

Member Since Dec 2018
Default Dec 11, 2019 at 04:23 AM

Every yr my family likes to exchange gifts and do dinner on xmas. But lately ive been distancing myself from many of them ( some i never really spoke to before, but i could get away w/ sticking my name on a gift with my mother and saying it’s from us)..... I’m basically still going for my mom... not even staying long just enough to make an appearance for her and leaving...it’s the first yr my mothers spouse’s family will be there . I know I’m not obligated to get anyone anything but I
a.) dont want to look like an ******* for only getting a couple people things... what if the people i didnt buy for got me stuff?
B.) i dont want it to cause an uproar not buying anyone anything...( because it will)
C.) but i also dont want to throw hundreds of dollars away to people i dont really know or like.... coming to dinner is already difficult enough for me.. and i thought maybe I could do simple gift cards and bundle by the couple but it still comes out to over 300$ and this is only one side of my “family “ .
Yr after yr i tell the ones who I KNOW will get me stuff that they dont have to. But they scream and yell and throw a fit...
With this new group of people, i want to be respectful but in all honesty theyre strangers to me.... what should I do??
Bat_Orchid90 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote