View Single Post
luvyrself
Poohbah

Member Since Dec 2015
136 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 11, 2019 at 06:35 AM

I took a quick look at the French healthcare system. They have a government run program, eg socialized healthcare plus a private program. Its nice that they offer a choice. However, the one I imagine you would choose if you are watching costs with your husbands retirement, would be government healthcare. Please be careful. A close friend of mine lived in England, and I have heard from her and from many people that socialized medicine can have really poor psychiatric care. Many countries are WAY behind the US in psychiatric care. Why not do a thread here asking for info from French people, especially bipolars. I would ask preferably for someone who has also lived in the US, or they have no way to compare the two. Oui magnifique, when they may never had a really good pdoc like yours. Definitely be in touch in advance with specific questions for some pdocs in the area you plan to move to in France. Of course I will be coming to visit, so Ill need someone good, too ! LOL LOL It is a big relief that you would still be on Psych Central!!
When are you making an exploratory trip to France? What region? How exciting!

wellbutrin 75 mg, cut in half or higher dose as needed
Regular aerobic exercise
SKILLSET/KNOWLEDGE BASE:
Family Medical Advocate
Masters in Library Science
Multiple Subject Teaching Credential-15 yrs in public schools
luvyrself is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote