View Single Post
Anonymous43089

Default Dec 11, 2019 at 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atypical_Disaster View Post
Good ****, what is it with people saying or implying “I’m so painfully bored all the time” as a way to win Internet Sociopath Points? It’s not subtle at all lol. It also says absolutely nothing except that you’re bored.

Find a hobby. You’ll be far better off.
There's a bit of miscommunication here, I believe. I use the word "boredom" for lack of a better term, but it's more like an existential crisis, and it's more relevant to primary psychopaths than to garden variety aspd.

While a dearth of complex emotion has its perks, the flipside to that is lack of any meaningful existence. Sure, I could breeze through situations that would traumatize lesser mortals and not miss a wink of sleep over it. But positive experiences don't faze me either, maybe even less so than horrifying ones. If someone were to hug me deeply, express their gratitude toward some kind thing I did for them, tell me how much they loved me and so forth, it wouldn't affect me in the slightest. Half the time, I think they're trying to manipulate me.* Accomplish something great and get praise for it? So what. Get a hobby? I've had several just this last year.

The problem isn't lack of things to do. It's that nothing will ever be enough.

*To be perfectly clear, this doesn't cause me any anxiety. If anything, I'm almost disappointed that they're not trying to manipulate me, because I find manipulation to be more challenging, and thus, more exciting.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
feb2020user