Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 11, 2019 at 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvyrself View Post
How about we provide a warm accepting tone AND specific information (in the clearest possible way)?
I can fully understand that …………….you...………… would like specific information when you post..and that's ok.

how about when ……………..you ……………….are looking for specific information you place that in your posts....

that way those reading your posts can see what you are looking for.

trying to require everyone to do this for the whole site in my opinion is not going to happen.

first because Doc John the owner of the site already stated that's not going to happen, that everyone is free to post or not post specific information but its not a requirement.

second this is not a the kind of site and forum where a person can always every replier post specific information. its a mental health support group. all members or most of the membership have mental disorders, and post are posting while they their selves are in active symptoms phases.

by asking on a site like psych central this , you are asking it be required that someone who may be having delusions. hallucinations, may be manic or depressive or in a dissociative state of mind or having an anxiety panic attack and so on to be required to post specific information.

let me show you an example....

when my medications are not working I am having hallucinations I may be looking at my computer, trying to read and reply to a post and because I may be in the state of mind of my computer is talking to me it can be very lucky if I can post coherently let alone read each post and try to read between the lines to see what each poster may be looking for in the way of specific information, then find my way past my talking computer to google the specific information, then coherently post that information.

bottom line its not going to happen where everyone on psych central is going to be able to include in their posts specific information.

like doc john and others in this thread have said its ok for you to ask for specific information but other posters have the right to post what is comfortable for them to post.