Roses are falling.

Member Since May 2017
10.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 11, 2019 at 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerTime12 View Post
Ugh I was doing fine today, and then I literally just spiraled in the last like 10 minutes. So I start work an hour from now, and I just felt sick to my stomach out of nowhere and (TMI warning) threw up. My stomach feels terrible when I try to get up from the couch. I didn’t want to call off work, but also kind of wanted to give my boss a heads up so that if I felt too sick to work at any point today, she’d already be in the loop and mentally prepare for the possibility of finding backup since we are short staffed.

I called my boss and told her that I wanted to give her a heads up because something just hit me and I got sick out of nowhere, and right now it still hurts to stand up. I told her I wanted to try to work today, but wanted to let her know just in case. She told me to just keep her updated.

My husband told me I shouldn’t have called her and said that I “got sick out of nowhere” and claimed this sounds like BS. He was like “you should never say that to your boss, it sounds like you’re making it up.” So now I feel awful and guilty, but like.. it actually did come out of nowhere, and I wanted to make sure she knew that because I literally called her an hour before my shift. If I had felt sick earlier to the point that I thought I couldn’t work, I would have told her ASAP to give proper notice.

Now I just feel really guilty and like a terrible person for even calling her at all. I feel like a bad employee and like I don’t deserve anything.

You've made the right choice in staying home where you would be a bit more comfortable and not risk spreading it to others.

I've just read a chapter on infectious diseases- they can come out of nowhere.

Make sure you're drinking water. Send H out to get you some dioralyte sachets from the pharmacy. Not sure if they would be called the same thing they're also called rehydration powder- the pharmacy people would know.

If you get a fever please see a doctor as soon as you can.

Thanks for this!
SlumberKitty