Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 11, 2019 at 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcyclist View Post
At least in the US, people are very busy and generally care about themselves if they don't have kids, and about their kids, if they have them. They generally don't have time to think about other people and their issues.

That said, I have lived and worked all over the world and all over the United States and I still choose to believe that Americans remain fundamentally caring and generous people. Other than things like PC, I really just wish facebook would go bankrupt, because I believe it and sites like it encourage bad human conduct and bullying and I believe this fact is harming the fabric of American culture. I realize many, many people disagree.

What about the rest of the world? Well, I have not visited every country, but I can tell you this--the Chinese people are awesome. Very generous. Absolutely love capitalism. Their government? Not so awesome, in my view. I could go on. People on this planet are generally good. There are exceptions. And people are very busy trying to make it all happen. But I don't really think there are very many people just sitting around laughing at the suffering of others. Hopefully not.
Yeah I agree. A lot of people are busy and yeah I would hope not a lot of people are not laughing at the suffering of others, even though there are unfortunately.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote