sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 12, 2019 at 01:12 PM

Just thought I'd update:
She is 16 weeks along now. I've practiced and seemed to have completely managed acceptance and most of the family has too. They are supposed to be putting a deposit down on an apartment nearby. She is dragging her feet with applying for social services. I told her our insurance does not cover grandchildren and that the baby will need medicaid. Plus they have one income- his and would qualify for a bunch of stuff. I live in NJ so maybe someone can suggest something for me. From what I have learned because she is under 21 and her address is still legally our home for her to apply they would take our income into consideration which would mean she wouldnt qualify for anything. Even if I say we do not financially support her (we mostly dont) because she is our daughter it either makes her ineligable because of our income or looks really fishy. She will be living in my county and I can help her navigate the process she is currently staying with the boyfriend's mother up north in another county. Someone told her that she could apply there and would need a letter from his mom that she is there temporarily the mom is never around and doesnt seem to be the easiest to communicate with or to get support from. She needs welfare, food stamps, medicaid and wic. She is supposed to be moving into an apartment so she wouldn't need section 8. What can be done? Does anyone know how to work the system (I do not mean fraud I mean navigate things on an emergency basis to quickly push through the process). I suppose these issues are more of a pm thing and I assume I would need someone who is familiar with NJ and how to do it to help. If any are willing please pm me.

I will be a grandma in May. I was so close with mine she wants the baby to call us mom-mom and pop-pop which we are totally happy about. She wants a girl but she knows that part is out of her hands. She is supposed to find out the gender on Jan 8.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, beauflow, unaluna