Member Since Oct 2018
1,520 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 12, 2019 at 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCrafter View Post
I want to add to this discussion.

Over the years as I have gotten better, I have looked through earlier journals I wrote to get my thoughts on paper and out of my head. Consistently, I would read gibberish. I could not believe what I had written or what I could have been thinking about.

Then much later, it occurred to me that when I was traumatized, the event registered in my brain including the tangled emotions and thoughts that came with it.

Am I making sense?

When we are traumatized, it is a blow to our bodies and our brains. The physical bruises we see are also in our emotions and self-esteem. Those wounds have to be addressed physically and emotionally for us to straighten out and heal. And when that trauma hits a child, it is overwhelming and some will be locked away in amnesia. That is my personal experience.

That said, if the trauma is still in place, it is practically impossible to word it logically until it heals and straightens itself out first. Plus, those of us who live with that, building a logical productive life is difficult because our foundation is faulty. So, we keep struggling and repeating the same mistakes over and over without being able to understand why until we achieve that breakthrough.
To me there is something so wonderful and relieving about a response like this. I feel better in a deep way just from reading it. I don't know everything about you, and you don't know everything about me, but you've given me a healing touch just the same.

Hugs from:
Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
Wild Coyote