Thread: Strip search?
View Single Post
JustExisting

Member Since Apr 2019
15 hugs
given
Default Dec 13, 2019 at 05:32 PM

I wonder how often people are strip searched when hospitalized for suicidal tendencies.

A lot of my trauma in my life had to do with forcible nudity and similar such things. I think if I was ever forced into hospitalization and they tried to force me to strip I would likely snap and maybe turn violent and I am NOT a violent person but I would absolutely never ever in a million years obey someone who was telling me to strip in front of them without a fight.

I am also sure that if this were to happen to me I would take my next chance, because if that is what "help" looks like then I don't want to be helped.

I read horror stories online left and right about how people are treated in inpatient. I wonder if anyone has been hospitalized for suicidal thoughts and NOT been violated?

Extra helpful if you had an experience in Canada.

I am asking because I have come to trust my T enough to be open about my suicidal ideation, but I do wonder sometimes just how open I should be, if he springs a sudden sectioning onto me I want to know what might happen.

Also, if T feels the need to commit you, how do they force you? Would he, himself physically restrain me if I tried to run?

Last edited by JustExisting; Dec 13, 2019 at 09:20 PM..
JustExisting is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist