LilyMop
Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2019
81 hugs
given
Default Dec 13, 2019 at 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
hi Lilymop, I am a fan of Joseph Campbell, a philosopher and writer who writes about life philosophy and religion. He has many famous quotes and one book in particular that was of huge help to me, "Reflections on the The Art of Living". I can relate to your sentiment and all I can share is from my own experience from having been lost many times on my own path, and in a spiritual sense as well.

What I can say is that the answers all lie within you.... if you listen to your soul closely enough, your inner voice.... it is your soul speaking to you. Things like meditation allow us the opportunity to quiet our minds, to shut out all the noisy clutter that distracts us from knowing our true selves, our divine selves.

It is within the quiet moments when our mind's clutter doesn't distract us and when we can hear the voice of our own soul. It has all the answers we seek. It is our higher self, our higher being that is a part of us, and that is guiding us within... our higher being is connected to the higher cosmos and knows all that we need to know.

I know this is getting a bit deep, but it is the Spiritual Forum, so I feel it is a great place to share this information with you..... so, my point is, look within and quiet your mind to hear your soul talk to you and tell you what you need to hear.

It is OK to feel lost, but I don't feel the answers are external. They are all internal.... we each have our internal light to guide us. So, when I have felt lost, I have turned within to hear my inner Guide and inner soul tell me what I need to know and what I need to do.

Along those lines, here's a quote for you from Joseph Campbell (sending hugs and love):

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such heartfelt thoughts here. Words cannot convey how much I appreciate it. I know you are sincere and I trust that this practice of meditation and turning within has served you well.

I don’t quite know where to start. There is so much loud nonsense going on in my head that it is drowning everything out.

I think I’ll check out these books you have recommended. That seems like a good place to start.

Thank you. From one wandering soul to another, I wish you all the best on your own personal journey. [emoji3590] Let’s keep in touch.
LilyMop is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, Gasplessy, Serpentine Leaf

Thanks for this!
CANDC, Have Hope