View Single Post
splitimage
Community Support Team

Member Since Mar 2006
75 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 14, 2019 at 08:17 AM

I'm in Canada, and psych hospitals/wards are no where near as bad as the horror stories you here.\

I've been IP 3 times, and never been strip searched, the most they've done is gone over my body with one of those metal scanner devices that they use at airports. But all my IP stays have been at the same place, so I'm not sure about other places.

They will however probably search your luggage if you have any for any sharps which they'll hold on to, until you're discharged.

In Canada, it's kind of hard to be committed. I don't know if your T is a psychologist or a psychiatrist, if your T is a psychologist they can't force you to to IP.

You can only be involuntarily committed with the signatures of 2 MD/s. And they will only admit you if they believe you are an immediate threat to yourself or others Suicidal ideation on it's own, is not normally enough to be hospitalized unless you were acting in other ways to harm yourself.

If your T is not an MD, and they thought you were an immediate danger to yourself, they would call 911 and the police would come. They''d interview you, and if they agreed with the T, they can take you into custody under the mental health act and take you to a hospital for evaluation, but that's kind of worse case scenario.

If you have any questions feel free to pm me

splitimage

"I danced in the morning when the world was begun. I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun". From my favourite hymn.

"If you see the wonder in a fairy tale, you can take the future even if you fail." Abba

splitimage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist