View Single Post
LundiHvalursson

Member Since Sep 2019
Default Dec 14, 2019 at 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine Leaf View Post
You've achieved great insight and this will help you on your journey, Lundi. Feeling more comfortable with yourself, and not feeling like you have to hide anything or be perfect in every social situation, will help your positives shine more clearly. Putting too much pressure on yourself can too often increase the very same behaviors that you're worried about. I've been there too.

And I was 30 when I first had sex, so don't think it's impossible. I ended up thinking it would never happen either, but it did.
This whole issue with singleness and virginity has affected negatively my physical health as well. I have suffered weight loss in the past as well as stomach problems, plus now I have chronic hypertension that started in my mid-20s. The stress and self-hatred that I placed on myself destroyed my self-esteem. Just in the past two months, I tried to rectify all of this.

I still have a long way to go. I see evidence of virgins at my age, especially males, being cast aside as if they were sub-humans. I need to keep up my confidence, looking at all of my abilities that I have despite being in this state.

I have heard many times about how opportunities arise when one least expects it. I have a hard time believing it, due to the repeated past failures in my life. But then again, I suppose that many people who did get those opportunities did not expect it either.

Hugs from:
Serpentine Leaf