View Single Post
LundiHvalursson

Member Since Sep 2019
Default Dec 14, 2019 at 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downandlonely View Post
I'm sorry people have said such hurtful things to you.

I have been single my whole life too, and I'm 37. I have had sex, but not with anyone I cared about. Because I'm a woman, I feel like it's easier to find a sexual partner if you're not too picky.

I am wondering how so many people know you're a virgin and have always been single though. Most people don't know my sexual history. I prefer to keep that private. Frankly, it's not anyone else's business but yours.
Like from my other thread, I found this article:

Later-in-life virgins – ‘At my age, it becomes a red flag’

The guy says,

He is articulate, even wryly humorous, about his virginity, even as he says it causes him day-to-day unhappiness. “It’s like trying to date with an STD that’s not contagious and easily curable, but still puts people off.”

An article from just yesterday:

The joy of sex for the first time at 37: ‘We celebrated and high-fived afterwards’

The woman says,

Libby is sceptical of the “just get on with it” attitude many people expressed towards those featured in the original article, particularly for those who struggle, as she did, with their mental health. And she adds, it is probably harder for men: “There’s pressure on guys to know what to do.”

So you may be right that it is in some ways easier for women in this regard. I often get a lot of insults precisely because I am a male virgin and not a female virgin. For some reason being a male virgin makes people want to viciously insult me, but not as much as a female virgin.

I was asked this question a lot since around 12 or 13 or so. And gossip spreads like an epidemic. I used to answer honestly to one friend or acquaintance, then the next day ten people know. Within a week 50 people know. It spreads like wildfire.

In my 20s, I started attending meetups. People talked about sex on a regular basis, even with strangers. And of course, gossip spread. So I could tell one acquaintance, then suddenly at the next meetup 20+ people already know about my situation. Some would come up to me and ask me about why I am a virgin. When I asked how they knew, they said that person X had told them.
LundiHvalursson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
3rd rock, bpcyclist, MickeyCheeky, mote.of.soul, Serpentine Leaf

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist, MickeyCheeky