View Single Post
mgb46

Member Since May 2014
Default Dec 14, 2019 at 09:58 PM

You are not alone. Depression is a debilitating, vicious cycle. Before being depressed I was very socially active. Many friends and several very fulfilling relationships. The last year life has been marred by extreme isolationism, loss of friends, and significant other. I only have a few family members and two friends that have remained. If at all possible exercise and reaching out to others in ‘specific’ social settings is recommended. But the problem being when we are depressed, we isolate ourselves, perhaps unknowingly. I had isolated myself from my girlfriend who I lived with and finally the relationship deteriorated and she moved out. So if you’re seeking outside stimulation of any kind, maybe a good sign that you are healing and ready for exterior relationships. I’m the midst of my depression, I completely shut down and was despondent for many months. When was the last time you had any social connection of any kind? Are you on medication? How long have you been depressed? Situational or chemical?
mgb46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Serpentine Leaf

Thanks for this!
Serpentine Leaf