Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 15, 2019 at 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewed View Post
Or does it have to be done by a physician? I obviously have PMDD and if my therapist (who is able to diagnose) could diagnose it then she will most certainly do it at my appointment on Monday. I left her an intense message and had a a horrible week but then today my symptoms are now much less severe. This has been happening since I was 14. I’m just wondering because I’ve had physicians basically deny PMDD exists and it’s just my bipolar symptoms getting worse before my period. But this therapist actually listens and knows what’s going on.
Pre - Menstrual problems are diagnosed by a medical doctor or OBGYN, to diagnose this an internal exam is done (usually women in the USA go through this exam yearly or every so many years ) if an exam has recently been done sometimes the diagnosing medical doctor or diagnosing OBGYN can look at the files and see if at the last exam there were any infections or complaints and look at blood work.

most times treatment is antidepressants and hormone therapy (The Pill as its commonly called in my area)

once the hormones and serotonin levels are stabilized the PMDD no longer is an issue, though keep in mind the pill and antidepressants are not one size fits all kind of thing. it may take some time for your medical doctor or your OBGYN to rule out all the different kinds of problems associated with PMDD and get you on the right antidepressant and birth control pills that will do the job for you.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Mountaindewed