View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Dec 15, 2019 at 07:13 PM

There is no anxiety-related disorder dx code in my records right now. At least not to my knowledge. I believe the only psych dx I have is bipolar disorder type 1, and my psychiatrist likes to emphasize that I am prone to mixed features. I do experience typical hypomanias and full blown manias, but it is true that they often turn mixed in the end.

I want to say that anxiety HAS been an issue off and on in my life. Whether it was secondary to depression, mixed states, or other elevated states, I'm not sure. I have been hospitalized many times in the past, and I recall during one GAD was also listed in addition to bipolar disorder type 1. However, the GAD dx disappeared.

I have definitely experienced short periods of agoraphobia and specific phobias. My therapist worked with me on combating these issues. Fortunately, we beat them fairly well. I was lucky that they were short-term issues with comparatively easy solutions. Again, I think they were reactions to the stress and trauma of past bipolar episodes, and their ramifications.

I still use prn Ativan and Seroquel for help with breakthrough anxiety issues. Even some of my base medications are meant to be helpful for anxiety (Seroquel XR, Klonopin, Propranolol). For me to say that I don't combat and safeguard myself from anxiety would be a lie.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote