View Single Post
Serpentine Leaf

Member Since Dec 2019
687 hugs
given
Default Dec 15, 2019 at 07:54 PM

You might have better success in Europe when you study there. Americans aren't exactly known for being civilized. MickeyCheeky was right: your city really sounds awful. I've lived in some terrible places too where the people will cuss somebody out at the drop of a hat, or stay almost permanently intoxicated. Some places have made me feel as if I've been dropped into the middle of Steinbeck's Cannery Row. The only thing to do in an environment like that is to get out of it.

It sounds like you dodged a bullet with that barf queen. Would you seriously want to kiss that mouth?

"Normal" depends so much on the specific place and specific time. Thinking in terms of "normal" and "not normal" only serve to cause pain and confusion, at least in my view. Acceptable and not acceptable, for you, seems much better. Some people always want to live like college freshmen, and others want to grow up and find a meaningful, fulfilling life. Party life and seclusion are not the only two options available to people. You are certainly right that it's harder to meet introverts because of our nature, but there are lots of us out there, Lundi! We just aren't standing on a table shouting that we're available.

Males are far more stigmatized for virginity, but the right woman for you won't hold it against you. The most important thing when you're out is not to try to put on "the NT show." A date, and a potential friend, needs to accept or reject the truth of you, not an act you're putting on for the sake of companionship. I had a long habit of compartmentalizing myself, and it did me a lot of damage. We can only heal when we can be whole.

And @MickeyCheeky: thank you for your kind words; you're an angel!
Serpentine Leaf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
3rd rock, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, mote.of.soul