Wild Coyote
Legendary
Community Liaison

Member Since Jun 2016
70.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 16, 2019 at 03:40 AM

Thanks, BethRags, for starting this thread.

I tend to use BP or BPi/BPII.
I agree with BirdDancer's observation that many people living with BPD gravitate to BP forums. I am not sure of why this is the case. Maybe because people with BPD also experience mood swings. although their mood swings tend to cycle rapidly, possibly even a few times within a given day. I also feel this may have to do with the fact that many BPD forums are not very well-attended or very strong; therefore some move to a forum with more activity. Just guesses.

I tend to prefer : I am living with bipolar. It's been eye-opening to see how many prefer "I am bipolar." I will be less vigilant as to how this is expressed by visitors in the forum. It just seemed very odd to me that someone would show up writing about us, referring to us as "bipolars" or "you bipolars."

When I think about it, this also varies with other conditions: People tend to say:I am diabetic. People do not say I am heart disease.

Interesting.

Hugs from:
*Beth*

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, ~Christina