View Single Post
*Beth*
catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 16, 2019 at 07:54 PM

Thanks for the update, sarahsweets. I have some knowledge of how the whole gov't aid thing works because I serve on my local HHSA board. Things vary from state to state, but a lot of the rules and so on are federal.

I know that when someone applies for aid everyone's income counts - unless the person applying rents a room (prepares food & eats separately, pays rent to someone - receipts required). If your daughter gives birth in a hospital (as opposed to a home birth) she and the baby will be hooked up with gov't assistance before she leaves the hospital.But she'll have to keep all appointments they line up for her to keep.

I do believe that she can go to the hospital now and apply for at least some aid. It will be a whole lot easier for her to apply now, rather than wait until after the baby is born!

Has she been to your closest Health and Human Services office? Aside from the hospital, HHSA would be the most logical place the start the ball rolling with regard to the aid she needs.

The thing is, getting aid would take so much stress off of her and everyone else involved.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
beauflow

Thanks for this!
beauflow