View Single Post
Gib2018

Member Since Dec 2019
Default Dec 18, 2019 at 06:09 AM

Does anyone else here feel that there is no good choice in whether or not to take meds or not. If I am not on any antidepressant I have issues that are very hard to manage. Sometimes almost impossible to manage... such as when winter comes and I am more isolated the depression gets much worse, or the anxiety that I suffer from gets much worse if I am stressed or have something that is hard to deal with. However, over the last 30 years or so I have tried every antidepressant and combos knows to man I think. While on these meds there have been varying side effects.. some very bad and some not, some that I could not tolerate at all. None of the meds helped much for my depression except for keeping me alive, but still depressed. So... I guess what I am asking is. Which is better? Of course the DR's and I suppose most people would say that taking the meds is the best thing to do. Both options are miserable. Bad life on and bad life off... just in different ways. Talking to people that have not been through this, and especially for so long, they don't get what hell it is in both of these situations. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Oh, and no, I am not suicidal or asking if it is ok to be. I just feel like it is this damned if you do and damned if you don't scenario.
Gib2018 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks, WastingAsparagus