View Single Post
luvyrself
Poohbah

Member Since Dec 2015
136 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 18, 2019 at 10:00 AM

I just remembered that a bipolar friend of mine with bp1 and some serious health issues who is also a licensed and highly talented therapist shared this:
There a at least 3 different main categories of THC marijuana that are best for staying alert, relaxing enough to sleep, and being very laid back. They have different type names that I cant remember. So my concern about being high when you didnt want to be is unfounded if you have a sophisticated knowledge of marijuana use. Wikipedia would probably have those categories.
The tricky part might be that weed today is generally much stronger than in the old days, so I dont truly understand how one avoids the risk of addiction. The forum has run some articles in the newsletter about related issues.
You with your background would have some thoughts on this. Sometimes, the risk of addiction would be offset by the damage that pain might be causing the person such as the damage being done to my pillar of the community 78 year old friends spine by opioids.
Thanks for this thread Sarah. Big pharma is so slow in discovering alternatives to opioids for pain relief. Duh, go figure LOL!

wellbutrin 75 mg, cut in half or higher dose as needed
Regular aerobic exercise
SKILLSET/KNOWLEDGE BASE:
Family Medical Advocate
Masters in Library Science
Multiple Subject Teaching Credential-15 yrs in public schools
luvyrself is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote