Community Liaison

Member Since Jun 2016
70.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Dec 18, 2019 at 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewed View Post
I’m waiting to hear if I get recertified. I was just certified again a year ago but I guess Trump is doing something where some cases have to be frequently recertified. I do work but I don’t make a lot. It’s nerve wracking waiting to hear back from them and they wanted my job to fill out paperwork and I have no idea what any of this means. It’s really scaring me and one of the main big reasons I’ve been in such a bad mood since Thanksgiving.
Oh no!
I feel for you.

Yes, something is awry with the SSA's SSDI review process.
My claim had originated in the '80's. It was completely different then. I remember the interview I'd had at the SSA office. It was incredibly pleasant!
The SSDI claims rep. had me sitting at his desk with him, we were drinking coffee and just shooting the breeze once we were done with the paperwork.

It seems more hostile now. The SSA office I have to go to looks like a prison. It is a huge room, high ceilings, GRAY paint on all o f the walls. Absolutely no windows. The SSA staff are all protected from us with cement walls and glass. The glass is at their windows. They sit on the other side of the glass and talk., type, etc. There is such a tiny crack at the bottom of the glass, in which to pass paperwork, I could barely get just 10 pages through.

The whole environment and the experience was very inhospitable, very depressing, almost dehumanizing.

I have quite a story to tell re: my dealings with the SSA this year. I may get to it sometime. Right now, I am too busy appealing errant decisions made by the SSA, as well as reporting more info. to governmental and other agencies. (AKA Filing complaints) It is a nightmare.!

I am sorry for the angst involved in claim reviews, Mountaindewed. !
Hang in there!

Thanks for this!
*Beth*