View Single Post
MrsA

Member Since Apr 2019
398 hugs
given
Default Dec 19, 2019 at 02:46 AM

Hi. I gew up in a similar environment with family who regularly insulted me even as an adult but I have managed to keep high self-esteem.n Though I have other issues like not trusting people and being slightly agoraphobic.

I think someone in your situation needs to remember that people who insult you are the real losers. Their insults compensate for their own feelings of jealousy or failure. There is nothing wrong with being a virgin. An added benefit is that you don't have to worry about nasty STDs and any future partner would not be harmed by your sexual history.

When someone insults you, remind yourself that they are small and insignificant. You say that people you want to date react negatively to you. I think it may be that being often subjected to insults make you relate differently to people in general. I have a similar problem.

Maybe it would help to think about how you may be behaving that is different from other people (not the people who insult you, but normal decent people). You may be habitually or unconsciously doing something that is annoying to others without realizing it. Something that occurred to me recently is that if a large percentage of people do the same thing to me, something in my habits or behavior is probably causing it.

Overall, I think you sound really smart and nice. Your manner of expressing yourself in writing gives the impression that you are an attractive person. I hope you figure out why people rect badly to you. Maybe you just need to find a place with nicer people?
MrsA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
3rd rock