View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 19, 2019 at 09:30 AM

Hey @Rose76 have they ever checked for Barretts esophagus? It is something that can happen due to chronic reflux, a hiatal hernia and acid from the stomach "pooling" around the esophogus.

Quote:
What is Barrett's esophagus

Barrett's esophagus is a serious complication of GERD, which stands for gastroesophageal reflux disease. In Barrett's esophagus, normal tissue lining the esophagus -- the tube that carries food from the mouth to the stomach -- changes to tissue that resembles the lining of the intestine. About 10% of people with chronic symptoms of GERD develop Barrett's esophagus. Barrett's esophagus does not have any specific symptoms, although patients with Barrett's esophagus may have symptoms related to GERD. It does, though, increase the risk of developing esophageal adenocarcinoma, which is a serious, potentially fatal cancer of the esophagus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose76 View Post
I am waiting to hear from the GI clinic about when they will do the endoscopy. Three years ago this happened, and they found a bleeding eroded area in my stomach near my esophagus. Pantoprazole seemed to have fixed the problem. I still take it, but I had cut down on the dosage to what I thought was an adequate amount. I guess it wasn't. I lately had some episodes of heartburn that felt like a knife in my chest.

If it isn't one thing, it's another.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist