View Single Post
ArtleyWilkins
Magnate

Member Since Oct 2018
7 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 19, 2019 at 04:52 PM

The hospital I used routinely does a skin check upon admission, at least it did in the past because it was a hospital that also took in chemical dependency patients so they were also checking for hidden drug paraphernalia (they've since created different units for different issues so this may have changed somewhat). Basically, there were two people (a nurse and a tech - both same gender as patient) who check for scars, bruises, wounds, etc. You are in a hospital gown and they check exposed skin first. Then, one body area at a time, keeping everything else still covered - so, they might uncover a shoulder and re-cover it; then the other shoulder and re-cover it. Yes, a very quick check of chest (but really, they were very quick about it and as respectful of privacy and dignity as possible under the circumstances), etc. In fact, they would ask in advance if I had anything they might notice so that it was as quick as possible. No, not fun, obviously awkward, but it wasn't like I had to stand there entirely naked or anything.
ArtleyWilkins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
JustExisting